I know it's nit picking but after purchasing a DVD set of
the old classic CBS Password shows where his name was also
misspelled, I can't let it pass...

It's Jack Paar. P-A-A-R. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin M." <drunkbastar...@gmail.com>
To: <tvornottv@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 11:59 AM
Subject: [TV orNotTV] Re: Leno's last week guests...

Somebody suggested to me that, if Leno is smart, he'll move the
monologue to the end of the show where it will lead directly into the
local news. This article would seem to indicate that, at the very
least, the format will not follow the traditional late night show.
Some sort of prepared comedy will be the focus of the second half hour
of each night's show.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/14/ent.jay.leno/index.html

As for Leno's surprise planned for the last show, I keep thinking
about the final shows of the hosts I've known. There was Jack Parr's
last "Tonight Show," when he grabbed his stool, called for his dog and
walked off the stage. Carson used a stool for the first time, then
wished everyone a heartfelt goodnight and exited the spotlight
forever.

But what really sticks in my mind is the way Jack Parr left the
"Tonight Show" the first time around, by looking at sidekick Hugh
Downs, saying, "there has got to be a better way to make a living than
this" and walking off in the middle of a live TV show. After his
contract was modified, Parr returned weeks later, and said "I've
looked around... and there isn't." To me, it would be amusing if Leno
ended with some sort of humorous cliffhanger.