I don't know all the details yet, but the radio-industry sites
fmqb.com and allaccess.com both reported in the last few days that
syndicator Premiere is ending production of the two countdown shows
Casey Kasem still hosts, "American Top 10" and "...Top 20". The last
shows will be July 4th/5th, oddly 39 years after a small handful of
stations helped him launch "American Top 40" in 1970.

Is it because the shows aren't that popular anymore? Probably. Is it
because of Kasem's age? I know he just turned 77, haven't heard about
any health issues. Something to watch media outlets for...

--
BOB