In recent years, Kasem's "current" countdown shows have been based on
AC and Hot AC charts, not the Top 40/Hot 100 fare that "The
Metrosexuals" (Seacrest, Billy Bush) do.  Last time I heard "American
Top 10" (the AC chart show), the program was about 30% countdown and
70% dedications, artist/group tributes and various "flashback"
segments.  Also, it seemed Kasem wasn't there half the time -- his
long-time fill-in host, Ed McMann (sp?), was behind the mic.

Believe SiriusXM airs classic Casey on weekend mornings and afternoons
-- I know XM aired both shows (along with classic Rick Dees
countdowns) in the same slots pre-merger.

Anyone know what kind of editing SiriusXM does to the old shows?  Back
in my "hyperlocal" radio news days, one of the stations I worked at
was an AT40 affiliate (in both its Kasem and Shadoe Stevens
versions).  The discs they received from the syndicator were
"specially edited" to delete all rap/hip-hop music from the countdown
(The rap song would be mentioned on the countdown, but the song would
not be played.  I was told by the PD that AT 40 offered 3-4 versions
of the countdown, based on "musical taste", time slots, etc.).  Is
that the case with the Sirius/XM version?

James