On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 9:20 AM, David Bruggeman<bru...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> NBC - where they won't let new shows get in the way of bleeding ratings...
>
> I still think it's stupid.  Not as stupid as the CBS golf highlights in the
> same timeslot, but damn close.  I can't see enough people in the tennis
> audience needing what NBC gives in those 15 minute recaps that they can't
> find anywhere else.
>
> If CBS could find its way to bury the golf updates behind Craig F.'s
> monologue, I would think NBC could do the same and brighten up Fallon's
> show.

Ahhh...slow jam the tennis highlights.

The late night recap might be part of the network's contract for the
event. And I don't know when the last NBC Sports/Wimbledon contract
was signed - it could have been well before NBC's prime time slide.

While I agree that those who are devoted to tennis can now find
results and highlights online, NBC doesn't want to break the habits of
those who have been coming to NBC late night all these years and
there's still the chance, however slim, that tennis fans can discover
Conan or Conan fans can discover tennis.

Tom