Add two more variables:  MyNet is owned by Fox, and will no longer be a
"network" starting in the fall.  They will be a syndicator instead.

----- Original Message -----
From: "M-D November" <mdnovem...@gmail.com>
To: "TVorNotTV" <tvornottv@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 1:41 PM
Subject: [TV orNotTV] Re: FX wants the sports, too

I think McMahon would keep his options open regarding 'WWE Smackdown',
but I don't see him moving the show to FX, at least not in the near
term.  Smackdown is viewed as the lesser show (and always will be, as
long as Raw is on the air), but the fact that it airs on a broadcast
network (even a crappy one like MyNet) is a big thing for McMahon.  He
may not want to give that up (especially with a reasonably young rival
company out there).

There's also the MyNet affils to consider.  If I were one of those UPN
castoff stations that signed up for MyNet, I'd feel like I'd been sold
a bill of goods right around now.  Smackdown is essentially the only
thing MyNet has going for it.