After 42 years, LA's CBS-owned KFWB will not be "all-news, all the
time" as of Sept. 8, as they add syndicated talk shows from Billo's
regular fill-in Laura Ingraham, gay-basher Schlessinger (poached from
Clear Channel's wingnut talk giant KFI) and Philly talker Michael
Smerconish (who has made an effort as of late to distance himself from
the birther/teabagger end of the Republican party)--news blocks will
remain in morning and afternoon drive:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/kfwb-news-laura-2523798-talk-ingraham

Westinghouse Broadcasting had started all-news formats on 1010 WINS in
New York and KYW in Philadelphia before buying the former Top 40 giant
KFWB in 1967, but many of Group W's trademarks of the format were
originated at KFWB, including the "...we'll give you the world" slogan
and the music sounder.  Although the sounder and the canned teletype
sound effect had been dumped by KFWB in recent years (but still used
by 1010 WINS), the slogan was still being used and the jingle packages
of recent years had revised the logo melody from the "Channel 98" Top
40 days.  The station had tried earlier this year to distinguish
itself from CBS sister all-newser KNX by emphasizing news from <Paul
Shaffer> the Business, and by the Business, I mean the Industry. <PS>