On Aug 11, 12:34 am, David Bruggeman <bru...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So good to see the old and tired band together for...warmth?
>
> This should remove any doubts that Fox Business is a loss leader for R.M.
> The channel's getting McEnroe level ratings and they want to pay money for a
> name in the morning?

Considering the fact that they're getting crappy ratings (business
people may be conservative, but when they turn to a business news
channel, they want--business news, not talking points), looks like
they're trying anything to get some numbers.

Now, I'd be pooh-poohing it, but a lot of people thought that when
Karmazin (?) bought WNNNNNBC in NY and took WFAN down from 1050 to 660
over 20 years ago, he was crazy for keeping Imus in morning drive--
after all, what did Imus know about sports?  Turned out Imus brought a
lot of people into the tent and now the Fan's one of the highest-
billing stations in New York, even with Imus gone.