On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just watched the Rose/Zucker interview. Some thoughts:
>
> Zucker is now indistinguishable from Ari Fleischer in appearance and
> mannerisms, and I'm not unconvinced they're the same person expunging
> the same hot air.
>
> Ever bland, Rose asked the traditional questions with no followups and
> brought no knowledge to the table beyond what he'd read in the trades.
> No mention of "How much did Leno know and when?" Early in the
> interview, when Zucker went off on his little speech about his job
> being to set aside emotion and focus on the money, where was Rose to
> pounce on that idea and rip it to shreds? (SNIP)

I have not watched the interview yet, but this last really burns me
(excellent call by the way on Zucker and Ari). The original report a couple
of weeks ago that had NBC moving Leno out of the 10:00 slot included the
claim that the number crunchers at NBC had told the brass that the JLP was
NOT making money for the network. This was overshadowed by all the intrigue
about Leno and Conan, but I am really hoping that someone digs into this and
gets at the facts. Was the JLP in fact set to take in more ad dollars than
NBC was spending on it (keeping in mind any adjustments to ad rates during
the length of the 2 year commitment, and effects of losing affiliates)? Did
other revenue losses attributable to the Leno Experiment exceed revenue from
the JLP?