On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 2:39 AM, Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Trevor Trevor <altst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Warner Bros. is scheduled to air new, child-friendly cartoons in the
> > fall of 2010.
>
> How fun it will be to watch the Roadrunner and Coyote stand around in
> the desert for five minutes, twiddling their respective thumbs.
> Yosemite Sam could address his anger management issues. Elmer Fudd,
> Porky Pig, and Daffy Duck could all take elocution courses. I assume
> Speedy Gonzalez and Foghorn Leghorn will just be omitted altogether.
>
> Admittedly, my progress in converting my VHS to DVD has slowed
> dramatically as I search for a new job, but one of the first things I
> converted from analog to digital was apx. 90 minutes of classic Warner
> Brothers cartoons. I watch them when I need a cheap laugh, and I show
> them to my students as reward for collective good behavior.
>
> To the fine folks at Warners, please don't do this. Make other kid
> friendly cartoons. Don't corrupt the work of some of the greatest
> talent in the history of voicework and animation.
> --
> Kevin M. (RPCV)

Do you really imagine this to happen? To think like that is absurd. We don't
know what this cartoon will be like (except from what I've seen of a Coyote
preview, he won't be twiddling his thumb while standing around in the
desert). This is presumptive to say the least.

I was there when this exploded over at Cartoon Brew, the website where the
critical comments were taken from.

http://j.mp/cMAn6i
http://j.mp/c562lD

 (Amid Amidi, author of the posts is a known crank in animation fandom, and
like John K., has a bias toward the golden age and any modern work as
suspect until proven otherwise).
--
Wesley McGee
http://www.ambivi.com