Well, maybe I'm overstating things slightly, but if nothing else, it
will call into question whether a studio can trust Lorne Michaels as a
producer unless someone like Tina Fey is attached to write.  And to
your point, how many years was it since "Superstar" or "Ladies Man"
darkened cinemas? (11 and 10, respectively, if you're playing at
home.)

My point is that the only film even TANGENTIALLY connected to SNL to
make any money in the last decade-plus was "You Don't Mess With the
Zohan".  And before anyone tries to tell me that "Zohan" wasn't an SNL
movie, I'll rebut with just four words: "Sabra Price Is Right".
(Don't remember it?  Lookit here:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1682221/sabra_price_is_right/)
Also, the presence of Rob Schneider, Robert Smigel, Chris Rock & Kevin
Nealon.

M-D
Disco disco! Good good!