On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Adam Bowie <adam.bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm still getting over the fact that CBS abandoned coverage of the
> Men's Final of the US Open in place of its all-rerun schedule on
> Monday evening leaving coverage to ESPN2.

FWIW...Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode
Island and Wisconsin are all holding primary elections today.  Which means
Monday was the last big election advertising day for local affiliates in
those states.  (Wiki lists 17 affiliates licensed to those states; that
doesn't count Delaware and New Hampshire, which have no CBS affiliates, but
are surely served by someone running spots.)  I'm sure stations were
screaming bloody murder at their affiliate reps all day long; taking away
two and a half hours of local programming (and, more to the point, very
lucrative local advertising) for a sporting event which, in all honesty, is
not enormously popular in the U.S. is a pretty big deal, at least from an
affiliate standpoint.

Ben Scripps
benscri...@gmail.com