On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:44 AM, Steve Timko <steveti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Couric flopped hard and fast. This would seem to be a Moonves mistake he'd
> like to remove as quietly as possible.
> Evening news is for prestige. The money is in the morning news shows. I
> can't think of a person they could put in the evening slot that would make a
> difference.

I don't know where the money is any more in network shows. A few years
ago late night and morning news were the big income generators and in
Bill Carter's recent book he said that late night brings in much less
than it did a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if that were true
for morning news as well.