On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 6:59 PM, Bob in Jersey <bob.in.jer...@juno.com>wrote:

> His film roles - as a kid in 1931's "Skippy" (Oscar nomination), as
> Perry White in Chris Reeve's Superman series -- overshadow his career
> in TV, including Emmys for directing eps of "M*A*S*H" and "The White
> Shadow."  Tuesday in Beverly Hills; 88.
>
> http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/movies/121281534.html
> http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20487083,00.html

Damn. I have been working in desultory fashion on my Dead or Not-Dead list
of Columbo murderers. Wish I had it polished up before this.

One of the above Obits mentions Cooper's guest shot on freakin
"Murder......She Wrote" but does not mention his Columbo, which is a top ten
episode in that series in my book.

BTW, working just from the original 7 Seasons on NBC, I think I have a list
of 37 different actors who murdered someone on Columbo (I eliminated
multiple appearances by Cassidy and  Culp, but I may be missing 1 or 2 other
multiples in that span. Without giving too much of a spoiler, one other of
the actors, listed below, could arguable be counted among the multiples as
well I suppose). Of those 37, 13 are still alive (35%) - one fewer, sadly,
then yesterday. Here are the 13 survivors, in order of appearance on the
show (If anyone spots a corpse among this list please let me know):

 1.     Susan Clark

2.     Leonard Nimoy

3.     Martin Landau

4.     Vera Miles