On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 5:57 PM, M-D November <mdnovem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, good.  Cancel all world news for Thursday, May 19 - Katie's leaving and
> needs the 30 min to look back fondly!
> Ugh.  I'm sorry - a ego-stroking 'retrospective' might be appropriate when
> you spend a decade+ on a 2-hour morning show with lots of Wacky Hijinks(TM),
> but not for an evening newscast.

Perhaps President Obama can call another press conference to announce
-- I don't know -- anything, as long as it interferes with Katie's
sendoff. She held the job for less than five years and I don't believe
she surpassed Bob Schieffer's ratings when he was interim anchor. And
even if she did, she was still monumentally ill-suited for the job. I
know she was praised for her interview with Sarah Palin, but --
seriously -- how hard was it to make Palin seem disengaged and
uninformed? And is there anyone who doesn't blieve she was chosen over
other anchors to conduct that interview because Palin's people knew
that Couric would have been the least likely to make Palin seem
stupid?