On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just one more thing...
>
> I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Mr. Falk backstage at the Emmys
> about ten years ago. As I stated on my Facebook, he was kind, funny,
> and drunk as a skunk. It was awesome. And yes, even in a tuxedo he
> looked like the rumpled police detective we all knew and loved.
>
> I shall have to dig out my VHS copies of "The Cheap Detective" and
> "Murder By Death," which will be much easier to do now that I have my
> own place again and can scatter my belongings wherever I want with
> wild and reckless abandon. Still haven't found my VCR though, which
> has me somewhat worried.

Great to hear about your encounter with Falk, and that he was a good guy.

For those without as well stocked a video library as Kevin, Murder by Death
is streaming on Netflix (Cheap Detective only by disc). They are also
streaming Murder Inc. and A Woman Under the Influence, among some others,
and of course most (but not all) of the Columbos.