On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 17:55, Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I always liked Probst as host of fx's "BackChat," and he was slightly
> above average as the host of "Rock 'N' Roll Jeopardy!" I just found
> his most well-known series to be staged, vapid, and somewhat sad.

Probst strikes me as one of very few people under the age of sixty who
qualifies as an old-school broadcaster--capable of seeming natural and
reasonably competent in whatever task he does in front of a microphone
or camera. The first examples that come to mind as other people who
fit the category (but not the age bracket) are David Letterman and
Regis Philbin.

--
David J. Lynch
djly...@gmail.com