I can only report on the Android app, but I would assume the iOS app(s)
would have similar features.

It does not break up shows into many pieces. The sound quality is ok, not CD
quality, but not the real muffled sounding audio it used too have. Start up
time is fast. Only issue I had was a somewhat lower than optimal frame rate,
but the picture quality was good.

I'm trying it on a 4.3" screen; a 10.1" screen might see issues I don't see
on my screen.