On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Trevor Tymchuk <altst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Umm.... are you asking if there are tv shows being shown in countries
> other than the United States, that aren't shown in the United States?
> I have no idea how to respond to that.  I'm tempted to take on the
> sometimes mocking or sarcastic tone of this mailing list, and tell you
> that there must be thousands of hours of tv programs, every week
> (every day?) from other parts of the world that aren't shown in the
> US, and that only an American could ask a question like that.
>
> I'm pretty quiet on this list and usually keep my thoughts to myself,
> but I couldn't help myself with this question.  Other countries
> actually have their own tv shows.  And though PBS and BBC America may
> show some British shows, there are plenty of British shows that aren't
> broadcast in the US.  I know there are Canadian shows that aren't
> shown in the US.  I would be surprised if there weren't shows from
> almost every country in the world that aren't shown in the US.
>
> Or did I misunderstand the question?
>

> There's an International edition of The Amazing Race that we are blocked
from watching here in the United States. Or at least we were the last time
I tried to watch it.
I'm wondering if there's other shows that are blocked in the United States
that are worth watching.
I think you fail to grasp the idea that some countries are blocked from
watching some shows. I'm guessing the United States is on that list. This
programming into Canada, but this Web site gives you a work around for that.
So, no, I'm not asking if there's programming in other countries that is
worth watching. I'm asking if there's programming in other countries
blocked in the United States that is worth paying $5 for a faked IP address.