On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 7:02 PM, PGage <pga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Brad Beam <b.b...@suddenlink.net> wrote:
>

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: PGage
>>

>>  I see in the Comcast listings starting early Sunday morning (1:30 am)
>>> that the Olympic listings across the entire family are now for blocks of
>>> manageable length (2 to 3.5 hours), and contain rough descriptions of at
>>> least the main events scheduled during each block.
>>>

>> Well, it's not currently broken out like that on my TiVo. Here are
>> Sunday's listings (as might have been rendered by "TV Guide"):
>> [3][4C][6][12][15] 7a-6p
>> [NSN]* 4a-9a, 9a-7p
>> [CNB] 830a-1130a, 330p-630p
>> [MSN] 7a-5p
>> [BRV] 7a-3p
>> *One can only assume how the NBC Sports Network would be displayed in Ye
>> Olde Guide.
>>

> So, I guess I should have been bashing Comcast, not NBC, for the initial
> problems. And I will now direct my thanks to Comcast as well. Last night I
> was able to set recordings for a number of targeted events, and it worked
> well - for example the US BB game (and the Spanish BB game that came on
> later). Not all of the listings were perfectly accurate - I think one of
> the blocks had listed team archery, that I don't think ever showed up in
> the block I recorded. But it has been much easier to record and then later
> watch what I want.

So, last night (Friday night) when I set my recordings for the over night
on my downstairs TV, the long, undefined listings were back. It took some
work to figure out that the basketball games I wanted to watch
(Spain-Russia and US-Lith) were both on the Sports Channel at some time
early in the morning, so I set the recorder for that channel - a 15-hour
block! (it is still recording as I type this). However, by the time I went
to bed last night (actually around 2:00 this morning) and set the recorder
in my bedroom DVR, the much more helpful, informative, and shorter listings
were back (so I was able to record the Women's Tennis finals, for example,
without recording 15 hours of sports my wife was not going to want to
watch).

I am guessing what this means is that it takes some time for Comcast to get
the more specific listings for the week from NBC. Once they get them they
put them in, until then, they are long and vague. So I am back to blaming
NBC.

Though, in NBC's favor, I note that I have been watching a hell of a lot of
great events today, all recorded from live broadcasts over night and this
morning. Would I like to get the finals in the glamor track and field
events the same way? Of course. But it does seem a little ungracious for
people to spend all their time bitching about that, and not appreciate the
great stuff we are getting live.