CNN has a story on the story.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/28/media/msnbc-lawrence-odonnell-deutsche-bank/index.html

If Dan Rather got fired for the Bush Jr story blunder, and Brian Williams
got fired for his misremembering events, O’Donnell has to go. End of story.
He acknowledged airing a story without going through proper fact-checking.
He’s gone. I don’t say that maliciously... just last night I listened to a
nice interview with him on the West Wing Weekly podcast... I like the guy.
But he majorly screwed the pooch. There’s no walking it back. There can’t
be.