I like Brian Williams a lot; can’t think of any TV news anchor currently
working I like better. Maddow has her problems, but I find her deep dives
are at least as often enlightening as they are performative and self
indulgent (and of course sometimes both). Surprised you like Hayes >
Maddow, I find him mostly insufferable. Shocked you like Reid, she speaks
in cliches and alternates between the obvious and her own wish fulfillment.

MSNBC’s election news coverage (as opposed to analysis) has been excellent
this cycle. The young guy they have working Arizona ( is it Gadi Schwartz?)
has been excellent. They have made great use of Jon Ralston,  the Editor of
the Nevada Independent, and the young blonde woman who works for him (sorry
I can’t remember her name) x they seem to know everything about that state.
NBC reporters have been staking out west and east PA and doing a good job
covering the long and complex issues related to the vote count there.

I have gushed enough about Wallace, but will repeat that I don’t think she
has gotten enough credit for, from early Tuesday, even when so many were
dreaming of blue wave in Fl, Tx and OH, keeping her eye on WI, MI and PA as
the story of this election.

And of course Kornacki, who is so much more than an internet sensation. He
is a rare thing on TV, someone who is there because he is smart and good at
his job, not just because he is attractive or verbally smooth (not that he
is not either of those). It is a pleasure to watch him think through
complex issues on live TV, of course aided by the producer in his ear. And,
while his network has a reputation for being liberal, he has been one of
the lone voices in current election coverage anywhere pointing out a
substantive reason for withholding a projection in PA (unknown make up of
the 100K provisional votes). He is not saying these will probably make up
Trump’s deficit, just that under current conditions there is enough
uncertainty to be justify caution.

On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 at 9:40 PM davesik...@gmail.com <davesik...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Williams isn't bad when he's not trying to impress the viewer with how
> clever he is.
>
> The others (and, really, Hayes is the only one I watch regularly) at least
> are articulate and have points of view I, mostly, agree with. I can easily
> see, though, how anyone could find any of them insufferable.
>
> --Dave Sikula
>
> On Friday, November 6, 2020, 9:34:33 PM PST, Kevin M. <
> drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 9:25 PM davesik...@gmail.com <davesik...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> The conventional wisdom that MSNBC is the mirror image of Fox always
> baffles me. Maddow, Hayes, and Reid are liberal; everyone is either
> hardline centrist or a not-so-former Republican. Being not-Trump isn't
> really enough.
>

> I’d care more about their politics if they were actually good at their
> jobs. Brian Williams is good enough... I prefer him to anyone who hosts a
> CNN show. But MSNBC hosts care less about the news than they do about their
> opinion of the news.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvornottv/1312102242.3139608.1604727651361%40mail.yahoo.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvornottv/1312102242.3139608.1604727651361%40mail.yahoo.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Sent from Gmail Mobile