So are you doing some contract work here? Very cool!

Anyway here's what I'd do. I'd figure out who my top twitter's are.
That exercise is left to the student. Then I'd create a Twitter
account and follow those 100 users. To get updates from those users,
simply use the friends_timeline method on the account following the
users and bam(!) you have your feed of your top 100.

If this list is in flux then you can simply use the friendship methods
to keep your follow list up to date.

How does that sound?

@dougw