how can i star earning as i am new to this wolrl. pronab  e.mai-
pronab...@hotmail.com> Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 05:54:32 -0800> Subject: Re:
Fetching user_timeline on twitter> From: igu...@gmail.com> To:
twitter-development-talk@googlegroups.com> > > Hi Deepak,> You will have to 1)
have the credentials of a user that follows a user> that has protected updates
(friends_timeline) or 2) have the> credentials of the protected user
(user_timeline) to get access to> their updates.> > As for your second
question, unfortunately no, there is no way to> receive notification
progamatically that a user has requested to> follow you. Is this a deal killer
to you? If you can better explain> what you are trying to do, I can help you
find a workaround.> > @dougw> > On Feb 3, 2:32 am, Deepak
<hrdeepa...@gmail.com> wrote:> > I am also using APi to develop my application.
I am facing a problem> > with the protected user. If user protect their updates
on the Twiiter> > Site. I am unable to get the tweets of that person. Is there
any way> > to get that. Second i can't receive any notification that other
person> > has send you a request to foolow yon.> >> > Thanks,> >> > Deepak> >>
> On Feb 3, 10:31 am, dougw <igu...@gmail.com> wrote:> >> > > Naveen,> > >
Storing user credentials is never ideal but with basic auth,> > > applications
that want to make occasional calls to the API must retain> > > a local copy of
the credentials. Each request to a credential-> > > protected API method
requires credentials for authentication.> > > Obviously this is not ideal, but
the current API model is session-> > > less.> >> > > Your second question is
yes. It will be nice, won't it?> >> > > @dougw> >> > > On Feb 2, 11:52 am,
Naveen <naveen.s.sax...@gmail.com> wrote:> >> > > > I have some basic questions
(I am still learning this world) regarding> > > > fetching another user's
timeline...> >> > > > 1. If basic authentication is a must to get the feed for
"protected> > > > updates", then does that mean that a third party website that
purports> > > > to fetch a user's timeline needs to store the user's id and
password> > > > to repeatedly provide these parameters as part of basic auth
while> > > > fetching the timeline? Is that what sites such as friendfeed do?
Or is> > > > there a way to perform a one time login and then somehow use a
user> > > > specific credential on a long term basis?> >> > > > 2. When twitter
moves to using oauth, will there be a way for other> > > > friend> > > >
networks to continuously be able to fetch a twitter user's feed after> > > >
first time Oauth based authorization by using the user specific token> > > > on
a long-term basis?> >> > > > Naveen
Find a better job. We have plenty. Visit MSN Jobs
http://www.in.msn.com/jobs