Once the retweet feature is launched, some statuses flowing through
all /1/statuses resources in the Streaming API will be annotated as
retweets. Clients using reasonable JSON and XML parsers shouldn't
require a change. Clients using brittle parsers, or those not
projecting result fields, but instead using some sort of all field
parsing, may wish to test their stack with synthetic retweets. The new
fields are described here:
http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-REST-API-Method:-statuses-retweet.

Follow the usual sources for announcements on the actual date of
retweet general availability. I'd expect the launch date to be a few
weeks or so away. We're taking precautions to prevent retweets from
leaking into the Streaming API in advance of this full launch, but the
prudent mariner prepares for the unexpected.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Services, Twitter Inc.