Tim,

Twitter deploys dozens of code branches each week, most of which
probably contains at least a few user visible changes. The changelog
is difficult enough to follow internally. Externally, it would be
hopeless. Notifying on each and every change isn't a tractable
problem.

Although there is still room for improvement, the Platform team is
committed to notifying on functionality change in the API.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Services, Twitter Inc.