Any time you making authenticated calls there is the possibility of return
protected status/account info which should be considered secret.
I personally always use https when interacting with the Twitter API. Better
to be safe then running the risk of accidentally having security issues.
Plus you don't have to worry about logic of when to use a secure connection
and when not to.

Abraham

--
Abraham Williams | Community Evangelist | http://web608.org