Correct, error 0 means no data was returned, and that the timeout in curl was hit, which I have set to 10 seconds. I am seeing about 5 of these per Admin block 24 hours, out of around 300 calls per 24 hours.

I see a lot more of them when I see more of the 502 errors, which seems to tell me that when twitter is over capacity there is a tendency for them to completely close down the port for communication all together.

What is annoying about this, is that twitter.com is fine during all this, their public timeline works 100%, yet my API driven calls to the public timeline are getting error 0 and 502 many times per day.