Hi!

Sendmail causes problems. So I can't use the new form mail. I have
this on two different servers (Gentoo and Ubuntu).

"[MAIL][transport] = mail" goes well. Testmail is sent. Real mails are sent too.
"[MAIL][transport] = sendmail" gives this error in the backend,
testmail: Oops, an error occurred! Expected response code 220 but got
code "", with message ""

The mailform isn't sent from the website: "There was an error when
sending the form by mail".

>From command line:

"echo "To:vinc...@real-domain-name-here.com" | /usr/sbin/sendmail -t
-i -f i...@domain2.com"

works, so sendmail does its job well.

These are the settings:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 25952 2011-05-10 15:48 /usr/sbin/sendmail*

Further settings in install tool:
[MAIL][transport_sendmail_command] = /usr/sbin/sendmail -bs
[MAIL][defaultMailFromAddress] = noreply@valid.domain
[MAIL][defaultMailFromName] = Name

The install tool shows (as it does always always):

"Sendmail program not found or not executable?
sendmail_path=/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -fwebmaster@valid.domain"

Does someone on this globe have any idea or solution?

Solution is not: use Powermail with mail ;-)

Thanks! Vincent