Hi,

> On 18 Jan 2024, at 1:06, Jens Maus <m...@jens-maus.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Am 17.01.2024 um 17:45 schrieb Ivan T. Ivanov <iiva...@suse.de>:
>>
>> I have aarch64 based machine at hand running openSUSE,
>> thus I am building U-boot “natively”, no cross-compiling.
>>
>> $ make rpi_arm64_defconfig
>> $ make
>
>> I just dumped latest Tumbleweed[1] to uSD card and copied
>> u-boot.bin to EFI. I can see the HDMI output.
>
> I actually just did that. Installed a fresh Tumbleweed on a microSD card,
> booted it up with a rpi4 and after installing all necessary build tools I
> applied your patches to u-boot 2024.01 sources, and then executed these two
> commands to let it compile a u-boot.bin file which I then put in /boot/efi to
> replace the u-boot.bin which is/was already there. Then I pulled the SD card
> and moved it over to the RaspberryPi5 in trying to get it booted up. However,
> again no HDMI output at all and unfortunately also the serial output on the
> debug probe does not show U-boot popping up at all. Interestingly, using the
> patched u-boot.bin with a RaspberryPi4 still works and it boots up perfectly
> fine, but not with the RaspberryPi5 I have here.
>
> Any idea why this might be the case here while you report that the above
> mentioned procedure works for you? In fact, the RaspberryPi5 I have here is a
> 8GB model and with the rpi-eeprom version from 2024/01/05 [1] in case this
> might be relevant.

EEPROM version on mine device is older[1], but I suspect that size of
the RAM is what make a difference, mine have only 4GB of RAM.

I am afraid you will have to connect that UART debug cable and share
what is the memory map on your device :-)

Regards,
Ivan

[1] RPi: BOOTSYS release VERSION:30de0ba5 DATE: 2023/10/30 TIME: 16:45:10