UniData or UniVerse?
Database version?
please...

Wally Terhune
Manager - U2 Advanced Client Support
IBM Information Management
4700 South Syracuse Street, Denver, CO   80237
Tel:  303.773.7969    <---------------------------- New Number!
Fax: 303.773.5915    <---------------------------- New Number!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             "Bob Woodward"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             sale.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  "U2-Users List"
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]         <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
             stserver.u2ug.org                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             10/17/2005 05:40          [U2] Strange $INCLUDE problem
             PM

             Please respond to
                 u2-users

Hi Folks,

I've got a program that I'm enhancing and I'm needing to add a labeled
common to it.  It already has a standard common block that's $INCLUDEd
so I added my $INCLUDE right below that.  A synopsis of mine is:

*********************************

* MYSTUFF.INCLUDE

* INCLUDED LABEL COMMON AND ORIGINAL DEFAULT VALUES

COMMON /MYSTUFF/ AVAR1, AVAR2, AVAR3, AVAR4...

COMMON /MYSTUFF2/ BVAR1, BVAR2, BVAR3, BVAR4...

*

IF UNASSIGNED(AVAR1) THEN

   AVAR1 = ''

   AVAR2 = ''

   AVAR3 = ''

   AVAR4 = ''

   BVAR1 = ''

   BVAR2 = ''

   BVAR3 = ''

   BVAR4 = ''

END

*********************************

The problem I'm having is that when I use the line $INCLUDE HWG.BP
MYSTUFF.INCLUDE in the program I'm updating, the next executable line is
reported as either a warning or fatal error, no matter what the next
line is.  If I move the location of the $INCLUDE statement, it's always
the next executable line that gets reported as being in error.

If I cut and paste the include code directly into the program, the
program then compiles just fine with no errors.  I REALLY want to use
this as an include block and the only work around I've come up with is
to put a dummy assignment line right after the include statement.
Obviously, this is an ugly way to do this but I can live with it if I
have to.

Comments, anyone?  Suggestions?  Thoughts?  TIA.

BobW

graycol.gif]

pic22079.gif]

ecblank.gif]