Sure thing, I'm interested in backporting 3.3-2 to all releases. Should
I open a separate bugreport for every release?

Backporting Lucid's 3.1.7 doesn't make much sense (IMHO), because that
would mean we're backporting only for this one security fix, which - as
I understand - isn't the main reason to backport packages for. But
backportint pdns 3.3 would indeed be a very good reason, a LOT has been
rewritten since 3.1 in pdns, lots of new features, etc. It would be a
shame not to have that in Lucid and Hardy (as they are LTS releases),
still used on many servers.

As far as I can see, version 3.3-2 needs debhelper >=7 which is present
in releases Lucid and above. In Hardy it's in -backports.

I've just uploaded pdns 3.3-2 for Lucid to my PPA, and it built ok. I
don't expect any problems on Mav, Natty or Oneiric either.

Backporters, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/888627

Title:
  please backport pdns-recursor 3.3-2 from Precise