On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Matthias Klose <d...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 09/20/2011 01:59 PM, Jonathan Lange wrote:
>> Do those who stuffed it in get alerted of breaks?
>
> yes, see my emails to -announce about build failures.  Then have a look at
> http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~wgrant/rebuild-ftbfs-test/test-rebuild-20110816-oneiric.html
> and hover over the version numbers to see the ones who to blame ;) No, there
> is
> no automatic notification (same for merges).

Debian automatically notifies by email everyone in Maintainer: and
Uploader: fields if it breaks up there. Could go with an auto-email to
the TIL.

>> What reason would they have to care?
>
> not sure I do understand you. What reason did they give to have it in the
> distribution in the first place?

A mistaken belief that packaging new stuff was a necessary pre-cursor
to getting upload rights. Persia disavowed me of that belief before my
MOTU application.

--
Mackenzie Morgan