On 11/4/06, amit saha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I recently set up my java development environment on Ubuntu 6.06
> 1. Installed JRE 1.5
> 2. Installed JDk1.5
> 3. Installed Netbeans
> All of these are available as Binary packages from Sun

Looks like you didn't go through the ubuntu wiki before instaling Java.
JDK and JRE 1.5 are available in ubuntu multiverse repositories. See
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Java for details

Also if you are not using any specific features of Java 1.5
specification then, gcj along with classpath should fulfil your needs
as it has complete support for Java 1.4

> I also use these tools on Ubuntu
> !. SQUID proxy server
> 2. MPlayer and XMMS for Multimedia needs

You can install gstreamer plugins for playing all sorts of media in
Totem (except VCD) and Rhythmbox (audio only). See page
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats

Last, but not the least:
When using mailing list, please don't do top posting. It breaks
conversation flow. Also strip away any unwanted part in original
conversation.
http://ubuntu-in.org/wiki/Mailing_list_FAQ

Onkar