On Tuesday 15 February 2011 04:00 PM, Neha Jain wrote:
Hey all,

Some days back I posted that I was unable to install maverick properly on my machine. The response here really helped me. I thank you all, first of all for the prompt response. Expecting the same ;)

Well, everything was working fine once I had installed it, but then after the broadcom sta driver started woking, I copied the stuff from my ext. HD back to the lappy by
$ cp -R /media/Elements/home/njain /home

After I had done this, apart from the local keyring issue, which I solved, thanks to Google, I am facing the problem with the sound..None of the applications play sound- rhythmbox, totem, mplayer, even flash in firefox. The videos work mute!
The error I saw in rhythmbox is configured audiosink bin1 not found, IIRC.

Please suggest me what could be the possible cause of this issue and how could I resolve it?

ps. Tried googling, 4 search results came up, not of much help! :(

--
Smiles
Neha )))))

run following[1][2] command and post the output

[1] lspci | grep Audio device

[2] modprobe -l | grep snd

--

*/

Jatin Khatri

Web www.khatrijatin.co.nr <http://www.khatrijatin.co.nr/>

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

Save Paper, Save Environment.**
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/