> When I don't get harassed repeatedly due to Ubuntu, and can use my real
> name on irc, and in launchpad, etc, and be known for who I am, and not
> for being female, then i'll agree with you.  As it is, I tend to only
> raise the stuff that I think is worth raising, precisely because of
> reactions like yours.

So you think, that a slogan reading 'Linux for Ladies' on the back of
a T-Shirt is offensive.

I'm sorry for you, but I'm not sure that your particular view reflects
that of everyone. You, have the choice not to buy or wear that T-Shirt
as you see fit.

I however, am an advocate of the right of a person to express his/her
opinion. Any women who wish to purchase that T-Shirt should be allowed
to (after all, these T-Shirts are for women aren't' they). Why I ask,
should your opinion on the matter prevent those women from doing so?

I am truly sorry that you've bad experiences in IRC, and I would be
the first to defend and support you in your fight to deal with people
who treat you badly. Please don't let your bad experiences effect
other women who want to get involved and support Ubuntu.

Cheers

Chris