Hi,

On Wednesday 16 April 2008 12:48:35 Daniel Holbach wrote:
[..]

> Bugs that might have been overlooked in the initial review are very
> likely to be fixed quickly in the normal sponsoring process. Having
> people as a bug contact for the package will help with that too.

No, I very much doubt that actually. Once a package leaves revu, usually
packaging bugs are not fixed afterwards (contrary to application bugs). From
the very early days I can recall one example, where I used to heavily insist
on man pages for each binary, and once made an exception right before
FeatureFreeze. I've even filed bugs after uploading, which are unfortunately
still open.

Oh, and imho reviewing doesn't only serve the purpose of getting new packages
in, but much more about teaching people about packaging. I doubt that the
sponsoring workflow for existing packages will have the same effect. (In the
few times I sponsor existing packages, I don't do packaging reviews, but only
review a given change to a package... I could imagine other people to do the
same).

Cheers,
     Stefan.