Hi, in the natty cycle, there has been some work done that utilizes a
remote desktop both in weblive and awstrial.  Both of these solutions used
NX, and specifically the freenx server.  As a client, they use either qtnx
or NoMachine's binary-only java applet.

There are a couple other Open Source remote desktop options that could be
utilized, including:
 * other solutions using nx:
   * neatx server
   * x2go server/client
   * opennx, remmina, qtnx
 * vnc
 * splice

Ideally, we would be able to offer a fully supported open source remote
desktop solution on both server and client.  I'd like to have official
Ubuntu UEC desktop images that have this ready-to-use.

We will need to evaluate which solutions will still be usable going
forward as the desktop may be moving away from X11, upon which at least
NX is heavily dependent.  X2go is definitely the most active current
solution there.

Any thoughts?

Scott