On 4/23/07, Dean Sas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Passive PROFITS wrote:
> Hi All,
> Anyway.  Having just fully set up my desktop (LAMP
> installation of server running fine!), I've just
> trashed it by misconfiguring x.org config.  I perhaps
> could have tried some neat boot CD to fix it, but
> thought better, and have just started completely
> reinstalling.
>
> My question, so I don't end up losing a day (again!)
> is what is the best method for me to backup my / ??

You could try sbackup

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sbackup

You will have to compile from source though to install it. Sbackup was
created at the Google Summer Camp.

If you need help installing it just send me a private message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
and I shall provide you intuitive instructions.

Regards

Lee a.k.a flossgeek
--
" linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste"