Hi,

On 6/22/07, gord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Errm, UT (goty) does not need wine or icculus installers to install it
> (i speak from experience) you just use the loki games installer
> ( http://www.liflg.org/?catid=6&gameid=51 )
>
> you could technically just use the installer to install the ut linux
> files and then copy over the already installed files to your linux
> install location (careful about overwriting). its quite dodgy though.
> --
> -- Gord ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Well I got it to run by using 'wine
/media/MyBook/.../UnrealTournament.exe' but it's very stilted and
certainly isn't anywhere near as fast as it is on xp (I wasn't
expecting it to be, but it is considerably slower, to the point that
it's painful). It's also very dark, even with brightness up to full.
Looking at the terminal afterwards, there's lots (and I mean lots!) of
error messages along these lines:

fixme:d3d7:IDirect3DDeviceImpl_7_Load
(0x1d75f8)->(0x4c16c88,(nil),0x21dba0,(nil),00000000): Partially
Implemented!

I'm guessing I'll have to change the graphics driver it uses?

I downloaded the loki installer, but it asks for me to mount the
discs, which I don't currently have!
--
Josh Blacker