Mark Jose wrote:
> On Monday 25 June 2007 23:29, John Taylor wrote:
>

>> I get this far and then......gksudo ./seamonkey-installer ......bad, bad
>> doesn't like that lots of error message.
>>
>> Have at least made some progress tonight
>>
>> Hopefully talk with you tomorrow
>>
>> John
>>

> I think we need to see the errors John - then we can decide what the problem
> is. I expect there are missing dependancies. The problem with installing from
> the source package is that you don't get the same service as you would from a
> file in the Ubuntu repositories. In the repositories, if a download needs
> other files upon which it depends, it will download those as well. From a
> source package, you don't get that advantage.
> But the error message will explain (admittedly rather cryptically!) what else
> you will need to install - probably from the repositories with a bit of luck.
>
> Mark

Mark

You are a late bird - you need your beauty sleep!

This is what I have done so far

wget -c
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/releases/1.1.1/seamonkey-1.1.1.en-US.linux-i686.installer.tar.gz
tar zxvf seamonkey-1.1.1.en-US.linux-i686.installer.tar.gz
cd seamonkey-installer
gksudo ./seamonkey-installer <<<<- This is where it   doesn't  like it
sudo mv /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins.bak
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/firefox/plugins /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins
sudo ln -s /usr/local/seamonkey/seamonkey /usr/bin/seamonkey

All the above is a direct copy from
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SeaMonkey

I think I understand your above comments but why does it install under
WINDOWS VISTA?

These are the error messages

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ gksudo ./seamonkey-installer
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
  Major opcode:  145
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device