On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Matthew Wild <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Running programs requires a CPU. As Alan said, off is off, hibernate
> is off, suspend is off. When the CPU is off, nothing happens. There is
> no way to run a program while the CPU is off.

It may not be hibernating I mean, then.

When I set my laptop to download things I often leave it overnight... when I
get back it tends to need to be "re-awoken", the screen having switched off
etc. but the download has always completed.

So it's probably the wrong terminology I'm using, apologies.

Sean