On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 02:53:29PM +0100, Javad Ayaz wrote:
> Are there any Rss readers that will beam info to a bluetooth phone !!!
> knewsticker / akregator / other KDE application

I don't know of any apps that do this already (which doesn't mean much
since I've never looked for it), but it shouldn't be hard to write the
functionality yourself. Writing a script to copy the files from where
ever your pod-catcher puts them to the phone is fairly easy: if you
can mount the phone's filesystem (obexfs does this via FUSE but I
haven't used it so have no idea how well it works) one rsync command
will do, if not then you'd need a bit more logic to decide which files
to send and then send them (off the top of my head I'd think this
would be by getting a list of files on the phone already or if that
was too much hassle looking at which ones are newer than the last time
they were synced to the phone.).

The next issue would be how to trigger the script: easiest is running
it manually but there is scope for automating it either when the
pod-catcher downloads new files or when your phone comes into range of
the computer. In both cases you'd have to find some hook in the
podcatcher or something that detects the phone being within range
(blueproximity does this - intended for locking/unlocking the computer
but it allows you to specify the commands to run for each so there is
no reason it couldn't trigger the sync).

I'm happy to help you through writing and hooking up such a script off
list (save annoying anyone with a long thread) if you want. Once it's
working it could go in your howto for anyone else wanting to the same
thing.

       Robert