I listen to the radio 4 broadcast and i got the feeling they were stuck as
to what to put into the report. i mean one minute it was talking about the
development of the software then the next it was on about ants......i lost
it at that point.  What they should have done is stick to the subject
rather go on about animal collective working together.

Apart from that it was ok....:D

Regards

Bob

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Sean Miller <s...@seanmiller.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Alan Bell
> <alan.b...@theopenlearningcentre.com> wrote:
> > Describing Linux as the first major piece of Open Source software is
> > revisionist and a factual error. It really wouldn't have hurt to talk
> > about Stallman, the FSF, the four freedoms and the GPL. In fact it would
> > make a much better story.
>
> Not very keen on the implication in the piece that you quoted that
> Linus effectively worked alone in his bedroom and one day this "new"
> Operating System just appeared by magic.  To accurately present the
> origin of Linux one has to go right back to the folks at Berkeley in
> the late 60s and early 70s.
>
> Sean
>
> --
> ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com