2009/10/14  <darren.mans...@opengi.co.uk>:
> Hi everyone. I’m running update-manager –c –d on a Jaunty machine and it’s
> telling me everything is up to date, doesn’t seem to acknowledge there’s a
> new development release available.
>

> Any ideas on how I can force it? Don’t really want to sed the sources.list
> and dist-upgrade.
>

> I’m behind a proxy but I have $http_proxy set  and also have it set in
> Gnome.
>

> Thanks
>
> Darren
>
> --
> ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com

I had this before when running update-manager -d. It seemed to work
once I'd reloaded the sources a couple of times, then ran
update-manager -d again. IIRC it took a couple of seconds for the box
to appear saying Karmic was available. Probably also worth checking if
you're using the gb mirror or the main archive; not sure if it makes
any difference but I've often found problems magically disappear when
I use the plain archive.ubuntu.com.

--

Tried both GB and global, both the same. Reloaded the sources a few times too.

I'm wondering if it's trying to download the release file but failing due to
the proxy?