On Jun 11, 2011 2:40 PM, "Will Bickerstaff" <will.bickerst...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 1:33 PM, J Fernyhough <j.fernyho...@gmail.com>
wrote:
[snip]
>> aren't going to spend the time reformatting a newsletter in HTML
>> format once they've made it in Word (or even worse, Publisher). Hence,
>> save as a PDF, done.
>

> I couldn't agree more. PDF if by far the easiest option for many schools
and probably the most widely viewable format. Whats more interesting  is the
variety of tools schools are using to create the PDFs, our local schools
appear to all be using different tools, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher,
Serif Page Plus etc. At least they have the sense to convert from these to a
largely universal format. I couldn't imagine or wouldn't expect a school to
be converting a well laid out newsletter produced in dedicated publishing
software which is no doubt primarily designed for print into an equally
appealing HTML representation.

We don't get the PDF version, just the .pub file gets emailed! I must speak
to other parents and see how easy they are to view on Windows. I've found a
website that converts them...

It's a matter of training, time and having the right software - our children
brought home a note before half-term apologizing that the Welsh language
school cannot do dinner money statements in anything other than English. The
software only does English.

Cofion/Regards,
Neil.