On 6 July 2011 08:56, Byte Soup <bytes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,

<snip>

> Does anyone have any useful information, alternatives I could feedback
> to the school?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Mark

This is made by 2Simple software who create a lot of software for
schools - mostly reimplementation of existing software, but "simple".
For example, they do a painting product that is essentially a
simple-looking MS Paint. As such, it makes the interface a little more
approachable for younger pupils (KS1, Years 1 and 2) but quickly
becomes limiting for KS2 pupils.

This looks like a reimplementation of Powerpoint with text boxes to
type into and simple addition of images, but with built-in help
sheets. As such I'd view this as a time-saver for teachers or "extra
work" product for pupils to use with little input from the teacher.
However, I'd expect KS2 pupils to be using Powerpoint and Publisher
independently anyway (which in most schools they can, and do).

For a piece of software hitting a particular niche it's reasonably
priced. From my perspective a similar outcome can be achieved through
software they already have in combination with a little preparation.

Jonathon