Hi Alan,

For me, and it was some time ago (years), it was mentoring.
There documents were out there, at least in part, but it was a daunting
prospect to just dive in to code.

Things are possibly different now.

For me, now it is time... I find it difficult now to lurk in the IRC
channels to help/gain  knowledge nowadays.

Cheers

JT (#selinuxium)