With openchrome/trunk (up to 751) when I boot my computer the kernel
splash screen is misplaced to the bottom right (it looks like that if I
had a bigger monitor it would be centered). Then when X starts the kdm
login screen is also misplaced (the same way).

When I apply any of these patches the splash is again misplaced, but
this time X does not start at all (the monitor enters energy save mode).

I remind you that my current monitor is capable of 1920x1080.

** Attachment added: "xorg_patch-pm8003.log"
   http://launchpadlibrarian.net/27998088/xorg_patch-pm8003.log

--
[PM800] Panel on PM800 is not supported.
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-openchrome in ubuntu.