Another thing that might be worth noting after reading Louis-Dominique
Dubeau's comment is that I have also noticed that the bug is more
serious in documents with Chinese text.  I've been translating texts
recently, so I will have documents in both languages open
simultaneously, and after a resume I sometimes won't notice the bug at
first when I start using the English document, but the second I try
scrolling on the Chinese document the bug is very apparent!

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-180 in ubuntu.

  openoffice repeatedly freezes after resuming laptop from sleep