Yes, setting the stylus and eraser to setting "1" made the touchscreen
work correctly when the tablet view was set to "left rotation."

xinput list
xinput list-props "Serial Wacom Tablet stylus"
xinput set-int-prop "Serial Wacom Tablet stylus" "Wacom Rotation" 8 1
xinput list-props "Serial Wacom Tablet eraser"
xinput set-int-prop "Serial Wacom Tablet stylus" "Wacom Rotation" 8 1

Anything I did not re-set manually did not work,
Virtual core XTEST pointer                      id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad                id=11   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Serial Wacom Tablet eraser                id=13   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Serial Wacom Tablet stylus                id=14   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint

In addition (as I am sure you know) the tablet settings were changed, so
that when I set my monitor back to "normal" view, I had to manually re-
set the xinput back to 0.

So, I should test for the other rotations? "Right" and "Upside Down"

which is subscribed to xf86-input-wacom in ubuntu.

  Wacom tablet mouse does not work properly when monitor set to vertical
  resolution